Join me at my Open House at 448 N 21st Street San Jose
Aug 18th Sunday from 1PM – 4:30 PM
Following yesterday’s ADU (accessory dwelling unit) event called “Small Homes, Big Impact” sponsored by the Housing Trust of Silicon Valley and the AARP of California, I will host the open house at 448 N 21st Street in San Jose as example of a home built with an attached ADU in the backyard. There is 2,265 SF of living space with a lot size of 6,375 SF lot. This 5 Bedroom and 4 Bath is ready for move-in. All you have to do it think how you’d like to take title… as a home allowing multi-generational living, one can pass the property down to adult children or two or three couples can purchase as tenants in common, it’s up to you how you would like to use the space.
This ADU is 404SF, complete turnkey with 1Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, a living room, and A/C. This ADU has a separate entryway allowing the resident independence from the main home. It can be used as a business office, an in-law/family unit, or rented for lease or AirB&B.
The structure has permits for all work and shows very well.
The pass-through garage looks like a single car garage, but actually allows 3 or more cars inside the long driveway.
Here’s my Open House video:
Let me know if you’re interested in receiving this home’s property report &/or disclosures. This is a fantastic turnkey property with many uses!
If you or anyone you know is looking to buy, sell or invest in the San Francisco Bay Area, I am never too busy for your referrals! Thank you.
Come join us at the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) RESOURCE FAIR!
Housing Trust Silicon Valley’ s Small Homes, Big Impact program invites homeowners for this opportunity to discuss your ADU project with builders, design professionals, consultants, lenders, insurance agents and city staff. You will be able to receive information and make connections to services and information to start and finish your ADU project.
Steve Vallejos, President and Property Developer, prefabADU
Pam Dorr, Director of Affordable Housing – Blocks Program, Soup
Stan Acton, Founder, Acton ADU
Gary Fiehmann, Designer and Builder, Small Homes Design Build
Carrie Shores, Architect and Founder, Inspired Independence
Adam Mayberry, Managing Principal, Mayberry Workshop
David J. Klein, CEO, Modern Empathy
Daniel Fonseca, Design Project Manager, Oasis Home
Patrick Collins, Co-Founde and CEO, Hausable
Vickie Johnson, Remodel and ADU Project Manager, Home Remodel Consulting
Ron Chin, How to Build an In-Law Unit in California, Author
Christopher Gonzales, Mortgage Loan Officer, US Bank
Richard Ozuna, Mortgage Loan Officer, PNC Bank
Monica Rodriguez, Insurance Agent, Farmers Insurance
City Staff, Planning and Building
Shila Behzadiari, Associate Planner
George Martinez, Permit Center Coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: There are two separate registrations. You may choose to attend either event or both.
To register for the ADU RESOURCE FAIR (only), click here.
To register for the ADU WORKSHOP and RESOURCE FAIR, click here.
If you are not able to attend this event, but would like to recieve program announcements, please register on our interest list: https://housingtrustsv.org/programs/adu/
Questions? email me at email@example.com
Here’s my quick video preview of my Open House – 448 N 21st St, San Jose, CA 95112
Friday (June 28th) 8:30 AM – 11 AM & Saturday (June 29th) 1 PM – 4 PM
This is a fantastic multi-generational home with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, 2,265 sqft, completely renovated including a desirable accessory dwelling unit #ADU (1BD/1BA, kitchen, 400+SF) which can be used as passive income rental or an in-law unit. Don’t let the modest exterior fool you, this has a modern design with multiple skylights, open floor plan kitchen/living area, quartz counters and gleaming new stainless appliances and a ‘faux single car garage’ – lots of parking space inside. Central San Jose location near Hwys 101, 280/680 exchange, just a short commute to downtown and Diridon area, future Google development. Welcome Home!
Good news & less restrictions for Santa Cruz homeowners who want to build an Accessory Dwelling Unit (other wise known as ADUs, Granny Flats, Inlaw Units).
Here are the approved amendments adopted for ADU’s at the Santa Cruz City Council’s meeting on Feb 26th meeting:
- Eliminate parking requirements for ADUs;
- Eliminate the requirement for a Minimum Parcel Size (ADUs can now be added to any size lot);
- Allowing ADUs by right in all Residential Zones, when built with a single family home;
- Eliminate requirements for Use Permits/Design Permits for ADUs on substandard lots;
- Allow ADUs above garages to provide setbacks of 5 feet to side and rear lot lines (previously required minimum of 10 feet from the rear);
- Allow full reconstruction of existing structures(previously limited to 50% of the structure) to qualify for the fee exemptions allowed under state law for Conversion ADUs;
- Allow expansions of Conversion ADUs of up to 120 square feet of floor area and 2 feet of height to qualify for the fee exemptions allowed under state law;
- Allow interior connections between an attached ADUs and the Primary Home on the parcel; and
- Change the definition of Owner-Occupant to include immediate family members (limited to Spouses, Siblings, Parents, and Adult Children), so a property owner can have a family member living on the property manage the property and any tenants.
For more information on ADUs, read here.