Come join us at the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) RESOURCE FAIR!
Housing Trust Silicon Valley’ s Small Homes, Big Impact program invites homeowners for this opportunity to discuss your ADU project with builders, design professionals, consultants, lenders, insurance agents and city staff. You will be able to receive information and make connections to services and information to start and finish your ADU project.
Steve Vallejos, President and Property Developer, prefabADU
Pam Dorr, Director of Affordable Housing – Blocks Program, Soup
Stan Acton, Founder, Acton ADU
Gary Fiehmann, Designer and Builder, Small Homes Design Build
Carrie Shores, Architect and Founder, Inspired Independence
Adam Mayberry, Managing Principal, Mayberry Workshop
David J. Klein, CEO, Modern Empathy
Daniel Fonseca, Design Project Manager, Oasis Home
Patrick Collins, Co-Founde and CEO, Hausable
Vickie Johnson, Remodel and ADU Project Manager, Home Remodel Consulting
Ron Chin, How to Build an In-Law Unit in California, Author
Christopher Gonzales, Mortgage Loan Officer, US Bank
Richard Ozuna, Mortgage Loan Officer, PNC Bank
Monica Rodriguez, Insurance Agent, Farmers Insurance
City Staff, Planning and Building
Shila Behzadiari, Associate Planner
George Martinez, Permit Center Coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: There are two separate registrations. You may choose to attend either event or both.
To register for the ADU RESOURCE FAIR (only), click here.
To register for the ADU WORKSHOP and RESOURCE FAIR, click here.
If you are not able to attend this event, but would like to recieve program announcements, please register on our interest list: https://housingtrustsv.org/programs/adu/
Questions? email me at email@example.com
Good news & less restrictions for Santa Cruz homeowners who want to build an Accessory Dwelling Unit (other wise known as ADUs, Granny Flats, Inlaw Units).
Here are the approved amendments adopted for ADU’s at the Santa Cruz City Council’s meeting on Feb 26th meeting:
- Eliminate parking requirements for ADUs;
- Eliminate the requirement for a Minimum Parcel Size (ADUs can now be added to any size lot);
- Allowing ADUs by right in all Residential Zones, when built with a single family home;
- Eliminate requirements for Use Permits/Design Permits for ADUs on substandard lots;
- Allow ADUs above garages to provide setbacks of 5 feet to side and rear lot lines (previously required minimum of 10 feet from the rear);
- Allow full reconstruction of existing structures(previously limited to 50% of the structure) to qualify for the fee exemptions allowed under state law for Conversion ADUs;
- Allow expansions of Conversion ADUs of up to 120 square feet of floor area and 2 feet of height to qualify for the fee exemptions allowed under state law;
- Allow interior connections between an attached ADUs and the Primary Home on the parcel; and
- Change the definition of Owner-Occupant to include immediate family members (limited to Spouses, Siblings, Parents, and Adult Children), so a property owner can have a family member living on the property manage the property and any tenants.
For more information on ADUs, read here.