San Mateo County – Q4 2019
• In San Mateo County, median sales prices for single family homes rose to an all-time high of $1.544 million.
• Inventories have rebounded slightly from 2017 but are still very low.
• Sales are dismal; the weakest they’ve been since 2008.
• All metrics still point to a very tight market – there are very few active listings, median days-on-market is just 14 and final sales price is consistently well above listing price.
• “Even with prices hovering around $1.5 million, there’s simply nothing to buy.” – Elliot Eisenberg, PhD
• The common interest market in San Mateo is not quite as tight as the single-family market and seems to have loosened up a bit from last year, as seen in median sales price declining from $920k to $901k, and days on market rose slightly. However, inventories remain tight.
For private tours & buyer consultation meeting, contact Lynne MacFarlane, Realtor
(831) 346-2743 text/voice